Cheesecake is my favourite dessert, having said that they do have to be unbaked! I do not understand baked cheescake…..anyway, when I saw this recipe pop up on my FB feed I knew I had to give it a go.
Although there is something you need to know about me, I don’t like making small things like cupcakes, cookies, cake pops etc and that’s what the original recipe called for. So me, being the rebel that I am, threw caution to the wind and made a big cheesecake instead of many teeny-tiny annoying individual ones.
Of course, if little morsels are your thing, by all means, check out the original post in the link at the bottom of the page.
If you have any awesome cheesecake recipes, please send them to me – [email protected]
Here is my version….
Strawberry Oreo No-bake Cheesecake
- 3 packets of strawberry Oreos
- 500g cream cheese (I used 250g low-fat and 250g regular)
- 1 punnet of strawberries
- 60g strawberry jam
- 45ml strawberry liqueur (optional) – orange would be beautiful as well
- 80g butter, melted
- 25g sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Separate the Oreos from their strawberry filling goodness into two bowls.
- I don’t own a food processor, so I had to go old school but doing this would be waaaayyy easier in a food processor. Crush the Oreos and combine the crumbs with the melted butter. It should just hold together when you squeeze the crumbs in your hand, if not add a little more butter.
- Press the mixture into a springform tin and refrigerate while you make the filling.
- Using an electric mixer combine the cream cheese, strawberry cream filling and vanilla until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, mash together the sugar, half the strawberries and 30mls of liqueur. Add this mix to the cream cheese filling and fold through until combined well.
- Place the filling into the refrigerated base, smooth the top and decorate with the remaining strawberries. Refrigerate for an hour.
- Slightly warm the jam (for ease of spreading) and mix in 15mls of liqueur. Using a pastry brush spread the jam over the top of the cheesecake. Refrigerate for at least another 2 hours.
- Enjoy when you are ready!!
Here is a link to the original recipe.