This is the easiest recipe you may ever come across – it only has 2 ingredients!!
These yummy little morsels are a huge hit wherever I take them, I learned this recipes years ago from my then Mother-in-Law and have been making and sharing it ever since. My Dad has particularly taken a shine to this recipe and likes to tweak it using curry powder, spices and chilli flakes amongst other things …..oh, but not all at once that would be interesting, to say the least.
These are great to pop in your handbag for a snack on the run, but equally, they are fabulous as an inexpensive, yet thoughtful gift – last year I packaged them in cardboard Chinese takeaway boxes, tied a ribbon around the handle and gave them as Christmas Presents. These almonds are so moreish it is hard just to eat one!
I would love to hear if you give this recipe a go and whether you like it.
There are some handy tips below the video and a print button at the bottom of the page.
- The greaseproof paper makes it way easier to clean your tray
- A couple of times during the roasting I like to give the almonds a bit of a stir
- If the Almonds aren’t roasted at the 20mins mark, pop them back in but make sure to check them every 5mins because they go from not roasted to burnt in a very short period of time – I learned this the hard way 🙁
- If you live in a humid climate they make become wet, don’t worry just pop them back in a warm oven until they dry out
Soy Roasted Almonds
500g Raw Almonds
3 Tbsp Soy Sauce
- Lay the almonds on a lined tray in a single layer
- Place in a 160c oven for about 20mins, stirring them occasionally
- After 20mins, break an almond in half to see if it is lightly roasted on the inside. (Light golden brown with a darker outer edge)
- If ready, turn the oven off and stir through the soy sauce until all of the almonds are coated
- Return the nuts to the oven for about 5mins or until the soy sauce has dried (they may need a stir during this time)
- Allow to cool on the tray
- Store in an airtight container
If you have any questions about this recipe, please email me on [email protected] or call on 07 4151 3884.